Journalists Track Medical Device Malfunctions, Opioid Settlement Payments, and Abortion Bans
KFF Health News correspondent Daniel Chang discussed malfunctions of the LVAD Heart Mate 3, an FDA-approved mechanical heart pump, on Wisconsin Public Radio’s Ideas Network on Jan. 3.
- Click here to hear Chang on the Ideas Network’s “The Morning Show.”
- Read “Patients Facing Death Are Opting for a Lifesaving Heart Device — But at What Risk?” by Chang and Holly K. Hacker.
KFF Health News senior correspondent Aneri Pattani joined a roundtable panel to discuss the drug crisis and opioid settlement funds on NPR on Dec. 28. Pattani also discussed opioid settlement funds on CBS News’ “Eye on Health” on Dec. 15.
- Click here to hear Pattani on NPR.
- Click here to watch Pattani on “Eye on Health.”
- Read Pattani’s series, “Payback: Tracking the Opioid Cash Settlement.”
KFF Health News chief Washington correspondent Julie Rovner discussed how abortion bans fared in courts in Texas and New Orleans on NPR’s “All Things Considered” on Jan. 3.
KFF Health News is a national newsroom that produces in-depth journalism about health issues and is one of the core operating programs at KFF—an independent source of health policy research, polling, and journalism. Learn more about KFF.
USE OUR CONTENT
This story can be republished for free (details).