Full Body Supersets
Looking for a fantastic total body sculpting workout in 30 minutes?
This full body workout has 4 fun and challenging supersets, each with a strength move paired with a cardio blast to build muscle and support a healthy heart.
You’ll be working with Coach Amanda from Team Betty Rocker today – one of our amazing trainers. If you’ve never worked out with her before, you’re going to have so much fun!
Coach Amanda is a NASM and NESTA Certified Personal Trainer, Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, TRX Qualified Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach in Rock Your Life.
If you’re looking for more of this type of training, you’ll love Home Workout Domination, my 8 week workout program that’s perfect if you’re looking for a time-saving resistance training plan to do at home, at the gym, or on the road.
Today’s workout can be done anywhere, anytime, with just a few weighted objects for resistance like dumbbells, water bottles, laundry or water jugs.
Join Coach Amanda and let’s get right to it!
Ready for more? I’ve got you covered!
Home Workout Domination gives you the flexibility of training from home (or in the gym) with minimal equipment for added resistance (like dumbbells, stretchy bands and an exercise ball).
Having a plan like this to follow is key to getting stronger, and increasing your strength. As we lose fat and add lean muscle, the shape of our bodies change. Your body loves variety and consistency to get – and stay – fit, healthy and strong. And that’s exactly what you’ll get with this program!
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, household objects), Elevated Surface
Format: Perform each movement for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat each superset for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Bear Crawl Shoulder Taps (8-12 each side)
- Begin in a tabletop position with your knees hovering slightly above the floor, shoulders stacked over your hands and hips stacked over your knees.
- Brace your core and bring one hand to touch the opposite shoulder and repeat on the other side.
- MOD: Perform this movement on an elevated surface or hold a stationary bear crawl plank.
Move 2: Jump Rope (0:30)
- Begin in a standing position with bent elbows and hold your jump rope in your hands with the rope behind you. (If you don’t have a jump rope, hold your hands at a 90 degree angle from your elbows as if you did).
- Bend your knees and power off the balls of your feet while you loop the jump rope around your body and underneath your feet in a circular motion.
- As you land and jump, do so from the balls of your feet and in a relaxed position without tensing your shoulders or arms.
- MOD: Rather than jumping up and down, do a fast step touch, step touch in and out. Alternatively do calf raises in place – recommended to hold the wall or a chair back for balance.
Move 1: Wall Sit Bicep Curl (8-12)
- Begin standing with your back supported against a wall and your weights in each hand.
- Lower yourself down into a squat position with your lower back pressing against the wall and your weight in your heels.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, perform a bicep curl with both arms by curling the weights up to your shoulder while contracting your biceps.
- Reverse the movement to return to your starting position and repeat the allotted curls while maintaining your squat position.
Move 2: Warrior Burpees (0:30)
- Start in a standing position with your feet wider than hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position, keeping your core engaged.
- Bring your right knee toward your left shoulder, then your left knee to your right shoulder in a cross-body mountain climber motion.
- Jump or step your feet back in to meet your hands, loading the weight in your heels and stand.
- Bring each foot up and across your body into a kick.
- MOD: Perform this from an elevated surface or step your feet in rather than jumping.
Our superfood protein blend supports your body from the inside out. With 20 grams of organic plant protein (containing all the essential amino acids), you’ll be loving the energy and vitality you get each time you shake it, bake it, or blend it up with I Vanilla Protein!
Move 1: Around the World (8-12)
- Holding your weighted objects with your palms facing you, pull your shoulder blades back and down with your core engaged.
- With a slight bend in your elbow, sweep your arms out to your sides and up around you to end overhead, using your shoulders to initiate this movement.
- Return to the starting position with control and repeat.
Move 2: Mountain Climbers (0:30)
- Begin in a tall plank position with your shoulders stacked over your hands, core engaged, and back flat.
- Keeping your hips down, run your knees into your chest and back out by pulling each knee in as far as you can and then back out, one at a time.
- MOD: Perform this move on an elevated surface by placing your hand on the edge of a couch or table.
Move 1: Reverse Tabletop Toe Touches (8-12)
- Begin in a reverse tabletop position with your chest open and your glutes engaged.
- With a braced core and your hips lifted, lift your right hand and left foot off the ground to tap your foot with your hand and then return to your starting position and repeat on the other side.
- MOD: Tap your hand to your knee or perform this with your hands on an elevated surface.
Move 2: Squat Jacks (0:30)
- Begin in a squat position with your feet hip distance apart, core engaged and chest upright.
- Shoot your hips back and lower yourself down into a squat, keeping your chest up tall, weight back in your heels and knees tracking your toes.
- As you come back up to standing, powerfully jump up and tap your feet out wide and then back to your squat position and repeat.
- MOD: Take the jump out by squatting and then stepping your right foot out wide and then back in and repeat on the other side.
Amazing job Rockstar! I am so proud of you for showing up today! Check in with me and Coach Amanda and let us know how you liked the workout and anything else you want to share – we love hearing from you.
One-off workouts are great, but having a plan to follow is even better! Check out Home Workout Domination for a total home workout program that uses minimal equipment and will get you on track to feeling and looking your best!
Maybe you’ve started out with one of my bodyweight challenges, and are looking for your “next challenge” that takes things up a notch and helps you progress.
If that is you, I recommend that you check out Angela’s progress – she started that same way, and when she got into Home Workout Domination she really started seeing more definition.
- Willis, Leslie H et al. “Effects of aerobic and/or resistance training on body mass and fat mass in overweight or obese adults.” Journal of applied physiology. Web. Dec 2012. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23019316