Best Ways to Consume Bitter Gourd (Bitter Melon)
There are plenty of ways using which you can consume bitter gourd. Incorporating bitter gourd in your daily diet is quite easy. You can simply eat bitter gourd raw as a salad, or simply blend it into a tasty beverage, or make bitter gourd tea.
Print 1. Bitter Gourd Tea
- 3-4 slices Dried or fresh slices of bitter gourd (no seeds)
- 200 ml water
- Honey or agave syrup
- Take a tea pan, pour some water, and bring it to boil.
- Boil the water on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Put bitter gourd slices and into the boiling water and stir properly so that all the nutrients are immersed into the water.
- Turn off the stove, add honey and let it sit aside for a couple of minutes.
- Use a strainer and filter the content.
- Serve hot
Print 2. Stir-Fried Bitter Gourd
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 sliced bitter gourds – seeds removed
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the stove, place a saucepan, and pour oil
- Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves to the pan
- Stir the mixture until you achieve medium-brown texture
- Now add chopped tomatoes into the pan and stir properly
- After 2-3 minutes of stirring, add sliced bitter gourd to the pan
- Cook until the bitter gourd turns translucent
- Whisk two eggs and pour the mixture into the pan
- Continue to stir until the eggs are cooked
- Turn off the stove and season the content with salt and pepper
- Eat as it is or serve it with noodles or rice