5 Best Testosterone Boosters For Men Over 50 In 2022
This is sponsored content. Men’s Journal is not endorsing the websites or products set forth below.
Did you know that your body starts losing testosterone after 30? The rate of decline is only about 1% a year. So, you may not feel a sudden change. But, with age, you will tire easily, start noticing those extra pounds of fat around your waist, and prefer to doze off rather than spend a passionate night with your partner.
You may brush it off as “age-related problems,” but the fact is that many of these may be caused by your declining testosterone. Now, aging is inevitable, and none of us can remain young forever. But, by addressing the declining testosterone issue, you can retain your vitality longer.
There are several ways to boost your testosterone levels. One of the most safest ways is to take a natural testosterone booster. Don’t worry. These do not contain anabolic steroids, and they do not pose any nasty side effects. They will help your body produce testosterone naturally and prevent its loss in certain ways.
To make your job easier, we have selected five of the best testosterone boosters on the market right now. We will review them for you, and answer some common questions.
Top 5 Best Testosterone Boosters & Testo Supplements:
- TestoPrime – Best Testosterone Boosting Supplement On The Market
- Testogen – Most-Trusted Testosterone Supplements For Men
- TestoMax – Preferred Male Testosterone Booster For Muscle Gain
- Prime Male – Recommended Testosterone Booster Pills For Men Over 50
- TestRX – Testosterone Pills & Vitamins To Boost Testosterone Levels
Here are the detailed reviews of our top picks:
#1. TestoPrime – Best Testosterone Boosting Supplement On The Market
Made with only natural ingredients, TestoPrime can be used by any man above 18 who lacks healthy testosterone levels.
It’s free of nuts, soy, dairy, grain, gluten, fillers, additives, and dyes, and has no known side effects. However, we would urge you to consult a doctor before taking TestoPrime or any other supplement.
Most consumers of TestoPrime see positive results within a few weeks, but you must remember that the effects vary from person to person. You have to take the suggested dosage daily for at least three months to see effective results.
However, if you see no results even after that, or the results are unsatisfactory, you can use the company’s lifetime money-back guarantee offer to get a refund. To be eligible for that, you must use TestoPrime for at least 30 days. You can return the empty container and any unused containers to get a full refund of the product price, minus shipping and handling.
TestoPrime is shipped internationally. If you live in the US, you will receive your order within five to seven business days. If you live outside the US, you can expect it within 10 to 15 days.
- D-aspartic acid: This amino acid supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and helps increase testosterone levels
- Panax ginseng: This potent antioxidant can boost energy levels and help you fight fatigue
- KSM 66® ashwagandha extract: It can support existing testosterone in the body
- Fenugreek: Boosts energy and stamina
- Green tea extract: The epigallocatechin gallate compounds (EGCG) in green tea can help prevent reductions in testosterone levels
- Pomegranate extract: The polyphenol antioxidants in pomegranates support powerful blood flow for improved stamina
- Vitamin D: Improves mood, bone density, immune system, and testosterone levels.
- Zinc: Helps slow down the conversion of testosterone into estradiol, the female hormone
- Vitamin B6: Helps support and maintain normal, healthy testosterone levels
- Vitamin B5: In the form of calcium pantothenate, it helps convert fat into energy and supports healthy testosterone levels
- Garlic extract: Can increase testosterone levels
- Piperine: Can improve the absorption of other ingredients
- Enhanced testosterone level and its related advantages
- Increased physical and mental energy
- Increased confidence and better mood
Take four TestoPrime capsules every morning before breakfast.
- Scientifically researched formula
- Natural ingredients
- Safe with zero side effects
- Proven effective dosages
- No prescription required
- Manufactured in FDA-approved facilities in the US and the UK
- 100% lifetime money-back guarantee
- One-time payment only, no subscription charges
- Only available online
- Four-pill dosage is slightly inconvenient
#2. Testogen – Most-Trusted Testosterone Supplements For Men
Manufactured by Muscle Club Limited and made with clinically backed natural ingredients, Testogen is also meant for men aged 18 or older.
Muscle Club Limited has been a trusted name in the health and fitness industry since 1999. Its supplements are manufactured in FDA-approved facilities using premium and effective ingredients. The company works with health consultants, nutrition experts, and fitness professionals to guide you about healthy living, exercise, diet, and nutrition on its blog.
Muscle Club Limited offers free delivery worldwide on most items. If your delivery is not free, you will see the charges in the product description and at checkout.
The approximate delivery time is three to seven working days in the US and the UK, three to 20 working days in the EU, and five to 21 working days in the rest of the world. Any import duties or customs charges have to be paid separately by you.
However, if you are unhappy with the results of Testogen, you can send an email to the company within 100 days of receiving your order and get a refund, excluding shipping or admin charges. To know more about shipping, visit this link.
- D-Aspartic Acid: This amino acid supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- Fenugreek Extract: Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- Zinc: Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production, and low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D plays a vital role in increasing testosterone levels.
- Korean Red Ginseng Extract 4:1: Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels and provides libido-boosting benefits.
- Boron: Boron may increase testosterone metabolism, i.e., it helps convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin), which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline.
- Nettle Leaf Extract 4:1: The lignan compounds of nettle leaves also prevent SHBG from binding itself to testosterone and create more free testosterone.
- Magnesium: This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 deficiency leads to lower testosterone and increased estrogen. B vitamins also keep you healthy overall.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K helps your body absorb Vitamin D.
- Bioperine® 95% Piperine: Derived from black pepper, Bioperine increases the bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- Other ingredients: Hypromellose (vegetable capsule), maltodextrin, silica, magnesium stearate.
- Boosts testosterone production
- Increases free testosterone levels
- Slows conversion of testosterone into estrogen
Take four capsules daily, 20 minutes before breakfast, for best results.
- Free of fillers, chemicals, synthetic ingredients, GMO, soy, gluten, dairy, and caffeine
- Made in the US and the UK in FDA-approved facilities
- Free worldwide shipping on all orders
- 100-day unconditional money-back guarantee
- Attractive discounts and savings on bundles
- A four-pill dosage at a time may seem a bit inconvenient
#3. TestoMax – Preferred Male Testosterone Booster For Muscle Gain
TestoMax is a product of CrazyBulk, which has been producing natural and legal alternatives to steroids for the past six years. It is a well-known company that sponsors sporting events and has been featured by the Generation Iron fitness network.
CrazyBulk ships all orders across the world for free. All orders are processed within 24 to 48 hours. In the US, orders are delivered within three to seven working days; in the UK, within two to five working days; in Europe, within three to 10 working days; and in the rest of the world, within five to 15 working days.
Unlike most other good supplement companies, the company offers no money-back guarantee. You can return unopened items in their original packaging within 14 days of delivery to get a refund or exchange.
- 2,352 mg of D-aspartic acid: This vital amino acid regulates testosterone and growth hormone levels. It supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- 200 mg of magnesium: This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 52 mg of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 40 mg of nettle leaf extract: The lignan compounds of nettle leaves prevent SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) from binding itself to testosterone and create more free testosterone.
- 40 mg of Korean red ginseng extract: Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels, boosts libido, and improves sexual performance.
- 40 mg of fenugreek extract: Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- 20 mcg of Vitamin K1: Vitamin K1 helps your body make the most of Vitamin D.
- 20 mg of Vitamin B6: Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 10 mg of zinc: Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production, and low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- 8 mg of boron: Boron may increase testosterone production & metabolism, i.e., it helps convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG, which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline.
- 5 mg of Bioperine® 95% piperine: This one boosts the bioavailability of every other ingredient.
- Enhanced energy and endurance
- Muscle mass growth
- Increased strength
- Improved mood and self-esteem
Take four pills a day. Learn more about usage in this guide.
- Safe, natural, and free of side effects
- Well-researched formula
- Made with the finest ingredients
- Made in a GMP-approved facility
- Free worldwide shipping
- Free bottles in bundles
- No satisfaction guarantee
- The website does not have enough information about dosage
#4. Prime Male – Recommended Testosterone Booster Pills For Men Over 50
A blend of 12 natural nutrients, Prime Male, is formulated for men aged 30 or more whose natural testosterone levels are on the decline. It is safe for daily use with no known side effects.
Prime Male is a product of Roar Ambition, which is dedicated to natural health research and testosterone boosting supplements. The ingredients in Prime Male have passed several clinical studies to prove their effectiveness, and the results have been published in scientific journals.
All orders are shipped on the same day or the next day. The expected delivery time in the US or Canada is two to four working days by USPS Priority and a day or two by FedEx. Orders to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico are sent by USPS Priority and the expected delivery time is five to ten working days.
International delivery by USPS International to Canada is five to 15 working days, and to Mexico, up to 40 days. Delivery time in the UK is one to two working days, while for the rest of Europe, it varies from one to six working days depending on which delivery service you choose. For the rest of the world, the expected delivery time is five to 15 working days.
You can return unopened and unwanted items by contacting customer support within seven days of receiving your order.
- 1,600mg of D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate (D-AA-CC): This amino acid and neurotransmitter trigger the release of luteinizing hormone (LH), which stimulates the testes to release more testosterone.
- 10 mg of Black Pepper: It increases the bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- 5mg of Boron (as boron amino acid chelate): Boron may increase testosterone metabolism, i.e., help convert the total testosterone in your body into free testosterone. Boron does this by reducing your blood levels of SHBG, which binds itself to testosterone and prevents the body from using it. It also decreases estradiol, the female hormone, which can cause your testosterone levels to decline. Boron amino acid chelate is more bioavailable than other forms.
- 120 mg of Korean Red Ginseng 4:1 extract (root): Korean ginseng or Panax ginseng enhances testosterone levels, boosts libido, and improves sexual performance.
- 60 mg of Luteolin: It blocks the production of the female hormone estrogen and stimulates the androgens to make more testosterone.
- 100 mg of Magnesium (as magnesium citrate): This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 300 mg of Ashwagandha Extract 4:1 (root): This herb, which has been used in ancient Indian Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years, has testosterone-boosting properties.
- 160 mg of Nettle Root 10:1 extract: The lignan compounds of nettle prevent SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) from binding itself to testosterone and create free testosterone. Nettles may also decrease estrogen levels.
- 7.5 mg of Vitamin B6 (as P-5-P): Vitamin B6 stimulates androgen receptors, which signal your testes to start pumping testosterone into your bloodstream. Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 4000 IU of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 45 mcg of Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7): Vitamin K2 enables Vitamin D3 to work better in your body. Vitamin K2 also helps boost testosterone.
- 30 mcg of Zinc (as zinc citrate): Zinc stimulates the pituitary gland to release luteinizing hormone (LH), which is needed to stimulate testosterone production in the testes.
- Enhanced energy
- Leaner muscles
- Weight loss
- Stronger bones
- Elevated mood
- Greater libido
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Controlled blood sugar levels
- Optimal prostate health
- Healthier skin
- Enhanced cognitive function
Take one capsule four times a day with a meal or snack.
- Natural ingredients
- Scientifically proven benefits
- Has an Enhance version for better sexual performance
- Fast worldwide shipping
- The website does not have enough information
- No satisfaction guarantee
#5. TestRX – Testosterone Pills & Vitamins To Boost Testosterone Levels
TestRX is made with premium natural ingredients that have been proven to boost natural testosterone levels and stimulate muscle growth. It is primarily a bodybuilding supplement that pushes your body to make more testosterone.
The product is made at a cGMP-compliant facility in the US, and the company offers a Certificate of Freshness if you want. It is also backed by a hassle-free 67-day money-back guarantee. You can try the product for 60 days, i.e., two containers. If you are not 100% satisfied, you can return the two empty containers within 67 days from the time of delivery to get a full refund minus shipping charges. If you ordered more than two containers, you could return the unopened containers along with the empty ones to get a full refund.
In the continental US, TestRX is delivered within two or three days by express shipping or within seven to ten days by regular mail. Orders placed outside North America take up to two weeks to be delivered. You have to bear any tariffs, taxes, or duties imposed by agencies in your country.
- ZMA (zinc monomethionine aspartate), Magnesium Aspartate, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): ZMA boosts HGH (human growth hormone) and testosterone and may also help your immune system and energy levels.
- 300 mg of Fenugreek Seed Extract (50% Saponins): Furostanolic saponins contained in fenugreek likely boost testosterone production by inhibiting the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen.
- 1,140 IU of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D is significantly linked to testosterone production. Men with Vitamin D deficiency have lower testosterone levels.
- 20 mcg Vitamin K2 (MK4): Vitamin K2 may reduce bone loss, stabilize testosterone levels, and help the cardiovascular system.
- 5 mg of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL): Vitamin B deficiencies are linked to lower testosterone levels.
- 200 mg of Magnesium (Magnesium Aspartate): This mineral increases both free and total testosterone. However, you need to be active to enjoy the testosterone boost from magnesium.
- 10 mg of Zinc (Zinc Monomethionine): Zinc plays such a vital role in testosterone production and preservation. Low testosterone levels are often related to a zinc deficiency.
- 2300 mg of D-Aspartic Acid: This vital amino acid regulates testosterone and growth hormone levels. It supports the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the pituitary gland. LH stimulates the Leydig cells in your testes to produce and release testosterone.
- Boosts your body’s natural testosterone production
- Helps you build lean muscles
- Helps oxygen flow throughout the body
- Helps you recover faster
- Gives you more energy and strength
- Helps you lose weight
- Gives your libido a push
Take two capsules in the morning and two before dinner.
- Made with premium natural ingredients
- Made at a cGMP-compliant facility in the US
- Fast shipping
- 67-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping only on select packages
How We Selected These Best Testosterone Boosters To Boost Testosterone Levels:
We’ll begin by explaining how we chose only five testosterone supplements from the huge list of products on the market. Here are the factors we took into account:
#1. Natural Ingredients
You can boost testosterone with the help of anabolic steroids, too. However, it’s illegal to take testosterone boosters steroids unless directed by a doctor, and they pose quite a few side effects in the long run. The products we have selected are all made of purely natural ingredients.
But don’t think these are just any random ingredients. Some of them, such as ashwagandha and Korean red ginseng, have been used in ancient Indian or Chinese medicines for centuries. They have now been clinically tested and combined with other well-researched ingredients to make a potent formula. You can see all the ingredients in our reviews and also understand how they will work in your body.
All the products we have listed have no known side effects unless, of course, you are allergic to one of the ingredients. Usually, they don’t react with other medications and supplements either. However, we would still recommend that you consult a doctor before using any product regularly. If you have any adverse reactions, consult your doctor at once.
#3. Clinically Tested (preferably by third-party labs)
Almost all the products we have suggested contain clinically tested ingredients. You can use them without a doubt and expect to see positive results within a few weeks.
#4. Money-back Policy
These supplements are not cheap. And, they have to be used for about two or three months to notice any results. But what if you do not see the desired results? To make sure that you do not experience further stress and frustration over something that’s meant to prevent these conditions, we have tried to list at least a few products that have a money-back policy. If you don’t see any results, you return the empty and unused containers, if any, and get your money back.
#5. Brand Reputation
We have listed only products from brands that have been on the health and fitness market for quite some time. They know what they are doing, and their products have proven to be effective over the years.
#6. Customer Reviews
At the end of the day, it’s the customer who decides whether a product is worth buying or not. We went through as many customer reviews as possible to make sure that the products have got mostly positive feedback from them with few reported side effects.
A Buying Guide: Natural Testosterone Supplements For Men
We have suggested what we think are the best testosterone booster..