Vegan Pecan Pie Overnight Oats
These healthy overnight oats taste just like vegan pecan pie! They’re a 10 minute, gluten free make-ahead breakfast with only 6 ingredients that tastes like dessert!
And so the sagas continue.
Saga 1: Dessert flavored overnight oats.
Saga 2: my obsession with making things in the microwave.
I meannnnn, do you remember the microwave peanut protein pancakes? why did they even both inventing the oven? The microwave is like the oven times ELEVENTY billion.
On the scale of 1 to get-food-in-my-mouth-RIGHT-now, it’s like a 12. Pretty much zero waiting is required when we cut a few corners and fulfill all of cooking needs in the microwave.
Gold star for the microwave. HYOOGE fan over here.
It just gets me REALLY excited.
Circles are hard.
But mixing caramely coconut sugar, with sticky-sweet maple syrup and tossing in a few toasty pecans for the CRUNCH and general necessity to actually make these oats taste like PECAN pie, mixing it up and microwaving it for UNDER 1 minute?
SOOOO into that level of easy-can’t-mess-it-up. Pretty sure you’re right there WITH ME.
Especially when you find out the ONLY other step is even EASIER. Like, zero cooking. Zero chopping. ZERO toasting. AND, you’re only going to use 5 ingredients IN TOTAL. !!!
[clickToTweet tweet=”6 Ingredient #Vegan Pecan Pie Overnight Oats are the perfect, #healthy fall #breakfast!” quote=”6 Ingredient #Vegan Pecan Pie Overnight Oats are the perfect, #healthy fall #breakfast!” theme=”style2″]
Then do the oatmeal + pecan pie dance (which looks something like pouring the oats on top of the coconut sugar/maple syrup dealio) and pop it in the refrigerator.
All that’s left is to wait as the MAGIC happens. The creamy milk will wrap itself around each fleck of wholesome grain of oatmeal, to let it reach its ULTIMATE, TRUE form of perfectly tender-moist-chewy YUM, and all o’ that will mingle with the sticky-sweet-spicy-crunchy layer of took-you-under-1-minute pecan pie filling that hiding it’s delicious self at the bottom of the glass.
Can I just be straight up with you? When you slowly sink your spoon through the thick, spicy-sweet oats and let it land in the goodness that is the bottom?
These vegan pecan pie overnight oats are like STRIKING BREAKFAST GOLD.
Except, it’s brown. But “striking breakfast brown” has about negative amount of make-you-wanna-eat-it ring to it. You understand.
My peeps. It does not end there.
The next step in the proper way to eat pecan pie overnight oats is to MIX it all up. Let your spoon dance around your cup, twirling the cinnamon-spiced oatmeal right into the crunchy pecan layer of coconut-y, sticky YUM that is about to be your hungry morning-self’s newest addiction.
Take a bite. Swirl it around in your mouth a little, letting the warm bursts of cinnamon mish-mash together with the candy-like notes of maple-y deliciousness, and tinge your taste buds.
Are you using your imagination and getting the at-grandmas-house-eating-a-slice-of-pecan-pie image that I’m painting here?
Or maybe you already devoured the whole glass because there ain’t no time for painting mental pictures when there is sticky-sweet oatmeal to shove in your face.
I GET YOU.
Vegan Pecan Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
For the Pecan Pie Layer:
- 4 teaspoons Chopped Pecans Plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
For the Oatmeal:
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the pecans, stirring frequently, until “toasty” smelling. This only takes 1-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, maple syrup and almond milk.
- Microwave until the mixture darkens and the coconut sugar is melted, only about 40-50 seconds. Be careful not to over-cook it or it will turn into caramel! It should still be quite fluid.
- Stir in the diced pecans and divide the mixture between 2 glasses.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal and cinnamon. Add in the almond milk and stir to combine.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture between the 2 glasses. Refrigerate for 6 hours – overnight.
- Garnish with additional pecans (if desired) and DEVOUR.