Turmeric Oat Flour Bread with Chocolate Chips
This healthy turmeric oat flour bread is spicy-sweet and has melty chocolate chips! A gluten free and dairy free breakfast or snack that will be your new favorite flavor combination!
Golden Goddess BLISS BREAD
That’s what I wanted to call this oatmeal bread, but I thought it was a little vague and it might confuse you.
Gang, this sunny little loaf of sweet and spicy goodness is everything that you could want in one bite. Maple syrup just here to set this subtly sweet tone with rich bursts of melty chocolate chips and then turmeric just bringing up the rear, adding in this addicting spice to your sweetness that is OH MY GOSH just so good right now.
And, liiiiike, good ALWAYS and forever the end.
I’m still just over here obsessing over adding interesting spices to baked goods. Whether it’s gluten free oatmeal carrot muffins with garam masala, Five spice eggless vegan zucchini bread or healthy no bake cookies with coconut oil, there’s something about the SURPRISE spicy, savory (and usually ethnic) flavor profile in a sweet treat that just, ooooh, has my HEART
You’ll know what I mean when your mouth munches through the LAYERS of sticky-sweet maple, vibrant turmeric and feels the little explosions of ginger and cinnamon popping all over the tip of your tongue.
The whole flecks of oatmeal in this bread give it this dense and chewy texture that is just going to make your inner carb lover so excited. Then there’s the applesauce that helps hold it all together, making it super moist and EXTRA chewy, but not gummy. You know how some applesauce baked goods are weird and gummy and you do not want to eat them, and you wish you would have just used oil so at least it would be edible?
This turmeric oat flour bread is not that.
You can eat a slice chilled, at room temperature or even warmed up with a little (read: BIG) smear of butter and you will be equally happy about turmeric bread on all occasions. There are really no wrong life choices you can make today, folks.
Except, well, NOT making a loaf of golden goddess bliss bread. THAT would be a poor life choice, but you will not make that mistake.
Besides being addicting and obscenely delicious, the current loaf situation that we find ourselves in is actually ANTI-INFLAMMATORY. You’ve seen this buzz word all across Pinterest and it means that something can help reduce the inflammation that can cause things like pain or even arthritis. <–!!!
Turmeric is considered to be anti-inflammatory, so eating a slice of chewy, wholesome, turmeric-laced bread when you have a headache is basically like taking a natural ibuprofen, and its more fun than slurping instant pot turmeric tahini chicken soup because, well, DESSERT.
Look at you just turning into an all-natural healer kinda person.
Really though, even if you don’t have REAL pain, we are all no strangers to the pain of adulting, bills, and having to go to work every day. TRUTH.
Can’t promise this bread will pay your bills or do your work for you, but waking up to a slice with a little bit of coffee? Does WONDERS for the hating of adult-hood. Even just for a few BLISSFUL moments.
Told you I wanted to call it golden bliss bread, and that was for good reason.
Gluten Free Turmeric Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Dairy-Free Mini Chocolate Chips plus additional for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray an 8 inch loaf pan with cooking spray, lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk, eggs, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle more chocolate chips on top (optional)
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY.
- Turn the cooled bread out from the pan, slice and DEVOUR!