Giloy: Healthy Recipes
Print 1. Giloy Juice
Keyword giloy, juice
Prep Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 12 inch Giloy Stem
- 2 cups Water
- Take a piece of the giloy stem. Wash and peel it off.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Before putting them in the grinder, crush them in a mortar and pestle.
- Then, add some water and mix them in the grinder.
- Strain it with the help of a muslin cloth.
- Your juice is ready!
You can consume the juice twice a day. However, it is recommended to drink it in the morning and evening. Use half the ingredients if you want to drink the juice once. Similarly, increase the amounts as per the number of family members.Benefits of Giloy Juice:
- Helps boost immunity
- Reduces stress levels
- May help treat COVID and dengue
- Assists recovery
- Heals wounds faster.
- Exhibits anti-aging properties
- Treats arthritis and diabetes
- Lessens respiratory problems
- Reduces ailments of the throat such as tonsillitis and cough
Print 2. Mint Honey Giloy Kadha
Prep Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 People
- 2 glasses Water
- 5 pcs Clove
- 1 small piece Cinnamon
- 5 pcs Black pepper
- 1 small piece Crushed Ginger
- 1 tbsp Giloy powder (dry)
- 15-20 Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Boil some water and add cloves, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Cover the vessel to protect the pleasant smell.
- Add the remaining ingredients one by one while stirring.
- The colour of the water will change as you add dry giloy powder.
- Boil the mixture for a couple of minutes to absorb the essence of the ingredients.
- Turn off the flame and remove the mixture.
- Let it cool down. Then strain it when the mixture is at room temperature.
- Mix some honey and mix it well.
- Your Mint Honey Giloy Kadha is ready to be served.
Benefits of Mint Honey Giloy Kadha:
- Lubricates the joints
- Contains important nutrients
- Has anti-viral properties
- High in antioxidants
- Treats many forms of nausea
- Removes toxins from the body
- Reduces stomach inflammation
- Better for blood sugar levels
Print 3. Herbal Giloy Tea
Keyword giloy, herbal, tea
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 12 inch Giloy stem
- 15-20 leaves Tulsi
- 1 small pc Cinnamon
- 1 small pc Crushed Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Wash the giloy stick and cut them into pieces.
- Then, crush them with a mortar pestle and set them aside.
- Boil some water in a pan and add these pieces.
- Add some tulsi leaves, grated ginger, cinnamon stick and fennel seeds.
- Boil it on a low flame for approximately four to five minutes till it reduces to two-thirds of the amount.
- Switch off and cover it for about two to three minutes.
- Strain and pour it. Add some honey and stir it well.
- You can also have some oat and ragi cookies with the tea.
- You can also add maple syrup in place of honey.
- Your herbal giloy tea is ready to healthify you!
Benefits of Herbal Giloy Tea:
- Treats fever and infections
- Combats harmful bacteria and germs in the mouth
- Relieves digestive discomfort
- Reduces nausea
- It has a cooling effect on the body
- Reduces the bitter taste of giloy