Full Body Shred
Today I have a full body shred for you that will strengthen your muscles and get your heart pumping!
This workout is made up of 4 supersets to work your body from head to toe and will focus on a combo of strength and cardio moves to really maximize your time and effort.
You’ll want to have some weighted objects like dumbbells or water bottles handy – anything to add resistance to help strengthen your muscle tissue.
Remember we are all in different places with different fitness levels, time commitments and goals so go at your own pace and be kind to yourself.
We often put a lot of pressure on ourselves to do everything perfectly at the expense of our own joy.
That mentality of “all or nothing” feels like pressure to me. There’s no room for life to happen.
That’s why I like “all or something.” I’m focused on my goals, I’m doing many things to accomplish them – but I’m not losing sight of the moments in life that bring me joy. I give myself space.
Here are some of my best tips to help support you!
- Focus on your sleep.
- Eat protein with each meal and eat whole foods as much as possible that you’ve cooked.
- Drink lots of water.
- Develop rituals and practices that center and ground you and help you reduce the normal pressures and stressors of daily life.
- Exercise when you’re rested, not when you’re sick, tired or run down.
- Surround yourself with like minded people who support your goals (like my Rock Your Life online women’s fitness community)
- And don’t forget to love yourself along the way.
Join me for today’s workout and let’s get strong together!
Doing one-off workouts like this is great, but following a plan is better! Join us in Rock Your Life for the Wonder Woman Challenge and have a plan to follow for the next 30 days and beyond.
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, household objects), Elevated Surface
Format: Perform each movement for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat each superset for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Sumo Squats (8-12)
- Begin standing with your feet wider than hip distance, allowing your feet to turn out naturally.
- Send your hips back behind you, engaging your core, keeping your chest up tall (don’t bend forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Drive through your heels and squeeze your glutes as you power back to standing.
- Optional: Hold a weighted object in each hand and hold them up at your shoulders for added resistance.
Move 2: Warrior Burpees (0:30)
- Start in a standing position with your feet wider than hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position, holding your belly button in to keep your core engaged.
- Bring your right knee toward your left shoulder, then your left knee to your right shoulder in a cross-body mountain climber motion.
- Jump or step your feet back in to meet your hands, loading the weight in your heels and stand.
- Bring each foot up and across your body and touch your toe with the opposite hand.
- MOD: Perform this from an elevated surface or step your feet in rather than jumping.
Build lean muscle, recover faster, boost your immune system and improve cognitive function with Rock and Restore essential amino acid powder.
Move 1: 2 Way Push Ups (8-12)
- Begin in a tall plank, with your hands stacked below your shoulders and your core engaged.
- Lower yourself toward the mat by bending your elbows, keeping your shoulders away from your ears and your elbows shooting back behind you. Keep your gaze about 6 inches in front of you rather than looking up or down, to maintain a neutral spine.
- Keeping your core engaged and your shoulders away from your ears, powerfully press back up and away from the floor or elevated surface to return to your starting position.
- Step one hand out so your arms are in a wide stance and repeat the push up.
- Repeat your regular to wide push up back to back for the allotted reps.
- MOD: Perform the push up with your hands on the side of your couch or other elevated surface.
- Alternatively, remain on the mat, but in a kneeling, or single knee down position.
- Check out my Push-up Progression Tutorial for tips on perfecting form and building strength!
Move 2: Jumping Jack to Press (0:30)
- Start standing with feet together and arms by your sides.
- Jump your feet out wide as you bring your arms out and above your head.
- Jump your feet back together and squat down as you press your arms straight out in front of you.
- MOD: Take out the jump and simply step your feet out one at a time while bringing your arms over head.
Move 1: Forward Reverse Lunges R (8-12)
- Begin standing with your feet hip distance apart and your core engaged.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg and begin bending your knees until your back knee nearly touches the ground at a 90 degree angle (ensure your knee is not shooting out over your toe and maintain an upright chest).
- Push through your front heel to return to standing and then step your right foot back behind you for a reverse lunge.
- Push off your front heel to return to standing and repeat the forward and reverse lunges for the allotted reps.
- Optional: Hold a weighted object in each hand to increase the resistance.
Move 2: Forward Reverse Lunges L (8-12)
- Repeat with the left leg moving forward and backward
Move 1: High Knees to Side Bend to Hammer Curl (8-12)
- Begin standing holding a weight in each hand with your chest up tall and core engaged.
- Drive each knee up toward your chest one at a time while crunching your abs.
- Next, hinge sideways to slide the weight down the side of your leg and use your oblique (side abs) to pull you back up to standing and repeat on the other side.
- Return to standing and keeping the upper arms stationary, perform a hammer curl by curling the weights up to your shoulders and contracting your biceps.
- Reverse the movement to return your arms down by your sides and repeat the whole sequence.
Move 2: Squat to Ankle Tap (0:30)
- Stand with feet about hip distance apart, with your core engaged.
- Begin sending your hips back behind you, keeping your chest up tall (don’t bend forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Power through your heels and posterior chain to return to standing and as you stand, bring your foot toward to torso to tap your ankle with your hand.
- Return to standing, squat and repeat the ankle tap on the other side.
- MOD: Squat down to a couch or chair.
Be sure to check in today and let me know when you do your workout. Always looking forward to hearing how you’re doing, and any questions you have!
Share this post with a friend who loves working out!
Krystal was so glad she joined us in Rock Your Life – especially when she looked back over her progress over 6 challenges and saw she had lost 30 pounds and gained a group of friends along the way with the resources and support she found in Rock Your Life.
- Dozens of 30 day Challenge programs that you can start, stop, and re-use as many times as you like! Choose to get daily emails to support you on your journey!
- Over 1000 home workout classes to choose from by length of time, type of workout, body part trained and more so you can stop, drop and Betty Rock anytime, anywhere!
- Over 300 healthy, delicious Betty Rocker recipes!
- Our private women’s fitness community where you can make new friends, and get support from me and the Team Betty Rocker coaches as you check in for your workouts!