Booty and Abs Supersets
Ready to shred and strengthen your lower body and core? Then I’ve got the perfect workout for you!
We’ll be turning up the heat with some cardio to get your heart pumping (low impact versions shown too!) and strength-building moves to sculpt lean muscle.
This workout is really going to challenge your muscles with moves designed to target your lower body from every angle for a complete and balanced workout. Plus some bonus core moves!
Change happens when we are consistent. One of the best ways I know of to stay consistent is by having a plan to follow.
I recommend following up today’s workout with my 30-day Booty and Abs Challenge– which gives you a full body workout plan with a special emphasis on sculpting and strengthening your butt, legs, and abs!
Remember when it comes to your goals, it’s not a race to reach them. It’s about being consistent and developing healthy, sustainable practices that will serve you in the long run!
Ready to get started? Press play and let’s go!
Amazing job with that workout, Rockstar! Now let’s get you a plan!
Check out the 30-Day Abs and Booty Challenge for a home workout program that will sculpt and define your abs, legs and glutes (plus give you a great full body shred), uses minimal equipment and will get you on track to feeling and looking your best!
Move 1: Sumo Squat to Reverse Curtsy Crunch (0:45-1:00)
- Begin standing with your feet wider than hip distance, allowing your feet to turn out naturally.
- Brace your core and send your hips back, keeping your chest up tall (don’t bend forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Drive through your heels and squeeze your glutes as you power back to standing.
- Once standing step your right foot across and behind you so that your right knee ends up behind your left heel into your reverse curtsy lunge. Keep your chest up.
- Power through your front heel to stand and as you bring your right leg forward, drive the knee up and to the right for an oblique crunch, then plant your foot back in the starting wide stance.
- Repeat the sumo squat and curtsy lunge on the other side and continue this sequence, alternating sides, for the allotted time.
- MOD: Hold on to the back of a chair or wall to assist with balance throughout this sequence.
- MOD for more of a challenge: Hold a weighted object in each hand at shoulder height throughout the sequence.
Move 2: Knee Drivers (0:30 each side)
- Start with your core braced, left foot behind you, and arms overhead.
- Powerfully drive your left knee up towards your chest as you swiftly bring your arms down on either side of the knee, as though you are holding a watermelon and breaking it over the knee.
- Repeat for the allotted time and switch to the other leg.
- MOD: Hold on to the back of a chair or with your hand on a wall to assist with balance throughout this sequence.
Conventional Deadlifts (8-12)
- Begin standing with your feet hip distance apart, core braced.
- Push your hips back and hinge forward, bending your knees. If you’re using dumbbells, you’ll keep them in close to your shins (at mid-shin) and lift your chest, straightening your back and dropping your hips down. If you’re using a barbell this is where you’ll grip the bar and lift your chest, dropping your hips slightly, and engaging between your shoulders.
- Drive through your entire foot as you straighten your legs (imagine you’re pushing the earth away from you), keeping your weight moving in a straight line close to your body.
- Feel your glutes and hamstrings working through this lift, and do not lean back at the top.
- MOD: Remove the weights and do this move with just your bodyweight.
- Begin lying face-down in a supported plank or superwoman position with your torso resting on an elevated surface, core braced, back flat, and legs engaged with toes pressed into the mat for stabilization.
- Holding a lightly weighted object in each hand, draw your arms up straight behind you, engaging between the shoulders. Keep your gaze neutral (don’t look down or up), hold for the allotted time and release.
- From the same supported plank position, raise your arms straight out to the sides into a T-position, hold for the allotted time and release.
- Finally, raise your arms in front and overhead in a Y-position, being mindful to maintain core engagement, neutral gaze, and a flat back as you hold for the allotted time and release.
- MOD: Complete this sequence without weighted objects.
Build lean muscle, recover faster, boost your immune system and improve cognitive function with Rock and Restore essential amino acid powder.
Click here to try it for yourself! Superset 3:
Super Marios (8-12 each side)
- Begin standing with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot back behind you maintaining an upright posture and braced core, bending the knees to a lunge position (ensure your front knee is not shooting out over your toes).
- Power through your front heel to stand and jump as you drive your back knee up to your chest while reaching your right arm up to the sky.
- With control, return to starting position and repeat for max reps.
- Repeat sequence and reps on opposite side.
- MOD: Hold on to the back of a chair or with your hand on a wall to assist with balance and/or take out the jump and work on a high knee drive without the jump.
- Begin by lying on your back with legs out long, arms extended overhead, and core braced with your lower back making gentle contact with the mat.
- Use your core to lift your torso and legs simultaneously, ending in V-sit position.
- With control, lower yourself to the starting position, maintaining the braced core throughout.
- Repeat for max reps.
- MOD: Keep your legs bent as you sit up, drawing your knees in towards your chest.
You rocked that workout, I’m so proud of you! Check in with me and let me know why you’re thankful for your body today!
The perfect follow up to this workout is the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge!
Check out Laura’s amazing progress after doing this program for just 30 days!
The 30 Day Booty and Abs Program gives you a full body workout plan and it has a special emphasis on sculpting and toning your butt, legs, and abs! The follow-along workout videos are about 30 minutes long, can be done at home, incorporate minimal equipment (that I’ll show you alternatives to) like an exercise ball, stretchy bands and light dumbbells.
Check out the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge right here!