Beginners Guide to Build Muscular Strength, Endurance, and Get Fit on your Total Gym: Part 2
Whatever you want to achieve, know that you have the power to make it happen. If you have the desire, you already are on the path and it’s time to take action!
THE BEGINNERS GUIDE
This is the second part of a two-part series. Workout 1 includes upper body & core and Workout 2 focuses on the lower body & core. If you happened to miss Part 1 , be sure to check it out and include it in your program!
Workouts 1 and 2 can be alternated back and forth each time you exercise. The benefits of having two separate workouts make this program simple to follow while also being able to target different muscle groups so you can properly cycle muscle activation with recovery. It’s the one-two punch for developing strength while preventing injury.
To get the most out of any fitness program:
• Be patient, dedicated, & consistent
• Incorporate these workouts at least 3-4 times a week for 4 weeks
• Include other modes of cardio for 20 consecutive minutes
• Eat a clean diet and stay hydrated!
WORKOUT 2 || LOWER BODY & CORE
Accessory: Squat Stand, AB Crunch
Level: The incline will vary based on the accessory, the exercise, and your strength level
(*see suggestions in workout)
• Begin your workout with a dynamic warm-up to properly wake up your muscles.
• This workout includes 2 circuits. Perform these strength circuits 1 & 2 in the order listed below, by moving from one exercise to the next with minimal rest in-between.
• REPS: Aim to perform 22 REPS of each exercise. (This is to represent 2022)!
• SETS: If you feel like 1 round of each circuit was plenty, call it a “1 and done” set and perform a quick cool-down of stretches. If you feel you need more, perform two rounds of each circuit for an added challenge.
• Complete your workout with a series of stretches to recover and reset your muscles.
Active movements to prepare your muscles (3-5 minutes)
• Please incorporate your own set of exercises to prepare your muscles.
• Here’s an example to include:
● Squat & Crunch
STRENGTH CIRCUIT 1
Squat Stand Attached || Medium-High Level
1. Squats, Pulses, Hops
2. Single Leg Squats, Hops (*do both legs)
REPEAT: If you have enough steam in you, repeat the circuit from the top. Otherwise, do a one and done power set, then continue to circuit #2.
STRENGTH CIRCUIT 2
AB Crunch Attached || Low-Medium Level
1. Knee Tucks Right
2. Knee Tucks Center
3. Knee Tucks Left
REPEAT: If you have enough steam in you, repeat the circuit from the top. Otherwise, do a one and done power set, then incorporate your own cool down.
COOL-DOWN: end your workout with a series of stretches to lengthen your muscles worked and to recover them for your next workout.
Check out the video to learn how to perform these Total Gym exercises so you can master your workout.
Get the Full Beginner’s Guide:
Part 1: Upper Body & Core
The post Beginners Guide to Build Muscular Strength, Endurance, and Get Fit on your Total Gym: Part 2 appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.